A few days ago I was amused by the idea of plugging an unused Firestick into my monitor. Yesterday I noticed that my monitor was constantly cycling between HDMI1 and HDMI2, so I unplugged the HDMI cable coming from my desktop. That left only the Firestick on HDMI1 plugged into the monitor.
This morning, when I went to my computer, I noticed two horizontal white lines, one about 25% down from the top of the screen and the other about 25% up from the bottom. When I pushed the home button the Fire Remote, I noticed that the white lines seemed to have changed somehow. And when I scrolled up and down with the directional pad, I could see that whatever was happening looked like an inverted and squished screen was moving but only within the two white lines.
That's weird, so I tried a few things like unplugging the monitor for a minute, switching HDMI ports, and unplugging the Stick and trying the desktop. The best that I got was the white lines became narrower and dark red smeary looking vertical lines appeared on the left and right sides of the screen.
I tried to find something useful by searching Google and Bing but I either found nothing relevant or nothing with an answer.
Search terms:
fire stick destroyed monitor
fire stick destroyed "monitor"
fire stick destroyed "monitor" -tv
"fire" stick destroyed "monitor" -tv
"fire" broke "monitor" -tv
"fire stick" broke "monitor" -tv
fire stick monitor
fire stick damaged broke monitor
hdmi monitor damage
can hdmi damage a monitor
monitor broken by firestick
monitor broken by firestick -tv
firestick damage monitor
monitor broken lines
monitor broken red lines white lines
No comments:
Post a Comment